Physical Safety Division - Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
The University of Texas Health Science Center Police Department & Environmental Health and Safety Department
Emergency Response and Evacuation Plan
Dental School Evacuation Procedure
The associated evacuation diagrams should be used to locate your primary and secondary exit in the event of a fire emergency situation. The Dental School Building has numerous available exits for use. Remember that your closest exit may not be the way in which you entered the building.
- After you see or hear the fire alarm in your area, proceed to the closest exit indicated by the highlighted areas on the evacuation map.
- Use the stairs to exit the building. Never use an elevator during a fire emergency.
- Exit the building and walk 300 feet from the building. This distance is necessary to protect you against potential structural collapse in the event of a fire.
- Meet with the other people from your team or work area so that the supervisor may take a head count.
- If someone is missing, immediately report their name and last location to UT Police.
- If you are mobility-limited and cannot use stairs, ask your coordinator for assistance.
Group Evacuation Meeting Point Plan