Office of Clinical Research (OCR)

External IRB - Inactivation Requests/Progress Reports


Request to inactivate an external IRB study:

  • Submit request (through the overall  PI) to the IRB of Record  to inactivate study or site (as applicable).
  • Forward IRB approval indicating study or site (as applicable) has been inactivated to .
  • Note:  A local UTHSCSA IRB Inactivation Form is not required.

Progress Report for an external IRB study:


  • Progress Reports should be submitted through the overall PI (as applicable) to the IRB of Record.
  • Note: A local UTHSCSA IRB Progress Report form is not required.