About the Office of the Institutional Animal Care Program (IACP)
The Office of the Institutional Animal Care Program facilitates the institution's efforts to ensure that all education, training, and research involving the use of animals conducted at the University is in accordance with Federal and University rules and regulations.
The Institutional Animal Care Program (IACP) Office is responsible for:
- Processing all Applications for the Use of Laboratory Animals in Research and Instructional Programs.
- Administering the Institutional Animal Care Training Program.
- Administering the educational component of the Health Science Center's Animal Work-Related Occupational Health Program.
- Informing investigators and staff of changes in Federal or University rules and regulations regarding the care and use of laboratory animals.
- Filing the annual Assurance Statement with NIH.